As an essential service in Clinton County, we have implemented creative strategies that keep people connected during COVID-19. Currently, we are operating under the following service adjustments:
- Reduced transportation services to “essential” trip purposes only, such as grocery shopping, non-emergency medical appointments and employment.
- Continued regular service days and times of Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Phones open for calls from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Moved Care-a-Van passenger trips to bus service, as needed.
- Implemented fare-free trips for all services we provide. Fares will resume April 1, 2021.
- Implemented delivery of meals, groceries, commodities, prescriptions and any other basic needs for vulnerable residents to avoid risk of exposure. Passengers order and pay for items through Meijer, Walmart or Kroger, and we pick up and deliver the items to them.
- Partnered with Beacon of Hope for delivery of commodities; Clinton County Meals on Wheels for delivery of frozen meals to distribution sites; and Basic Needs Center of St. Johns for delivery of groceries.
- Implemented wellness checks on local vulnerable seniors as requested by social workers from Tri-County TRIAD.
- Offered services to local fire and ambulance.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
Clinton Transit’s response to COVID-19 continues to evolve as new developments occur. In alignment with all state and federal orders, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented the following health and safety protocols:
- Require all transit operators and passengers to wear a mask at all times while on the bus.
- Remain fare free to eliminate contact during the transfer on money or passes.
- Installed plexiglass barriers on buses to separate operators and passengers.
- Scheduled disinfection periods in the middle of each shift and at the end of each shift where all contact points in transit vehicles are sprayed and wiped down.
- Electrostatic disinfection applications for all transit vehicles on Tuesdays and Fridays of each week.